Best Games – Metacritic Rating
The past year 2020 has forced us to sum up many results, both pleasant and not so good. So the Metacritic resource, which collects reviews of films, games, TV shows and music, presented its rating of the best games based on subjective but very numerous user ratings.
• Every acclaimed game on this list has brought joy to countless people over the years, so if you haven't played any of them yet, we recommend you do so soon!
See also: Most Anticipated Games .
8.Half-Life Alyx is the best PC game and the best PC exclusive
• Only thirteen years have passed since the announcement of Alyx, and here we have a new part of the cult Half-Life series. Robin Walker of Valve explained why the company abandoned the long-awaited Half-Life 3. In an interview with The Game Awards, he said that the anticipation for the game made it a "terrifying, terrifying prospect".
• Half-Life: Alyx takes place between Half-Life and Half-Life 2, and should continue the series' tradition of pushing the boundaries of gaming technology. This was done with the help of virtual reality, which opened up a new dimension to combat and puzzle solving.
7. Demon's Souls is the best PlayStation 5 game
• For players who have died so many times in the devastated world of Boletaria, playing the PlayStation 5 remake of Demon's Souls is nothing short of a glorious, albeit sadomasochistic, bout of deja vu that lasts over 40 hours.
• Of course, anyone who has played the original game before (or any sequels, offshoots, and imitations that fall into the Soulsborne genre) should know that it's best not to let your guard down in it, even for a millisecond.
• Beginners will have to diligently learn this lesson over and over again, but even the most battle-hardened Demon's Souls players won't be immune from such mistakes when faced with the superb animation and amazing detail of the version that Bluepoint Games has taken from the bones of a classic and stitched inside the smooth layer of a new one. skin.
6. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition is the best game on Xbox One
• This is an improved version of one of the best JRPGs. It includes:
- additional scripts,
- orchestral version of musical accompaniment,
- the ability to switch between graphics 3D HD or 2D 16-bit modes,
- the ability to listen to audio in Japanese.
• Dragon Quest XI S tells the story of the Beacon, a young man who is destined to save the world. His journey doesn't get off to a great start as he quickly finds himself imprisoned on charges of bringing a new era of darkness to the land. Light escapes and gathers around him a group of allies who seek to uncover the secrets of his birth and prevent the destruction of the world.
5. Call of the Sea is the best Xbox One exclusive
• This addictive first-person puzzle adventure game takes place on a Polynesian island in 1934. You play as Nora, a woman suffering from a strange illness that causes black spots to appear on her arms. Among the various secrets of the island, she has to find a cure for her illness.
• The puzzles are carefully crafted, and each chapter of the story is a separate puzzle that becomes more layered and complex as you explore.
4. Tetris Effect Connected is the best Xbox Series game
• It was difficult to improve on a initially good puzzle game, but the developers of Tetris Effect somehow did it.
• With the release of Tetris Effect Connected for Xbox Series X, Japanese designer Tetsuya Mizuguchi and his team have added a unique multiplayer mode that provides fun in co-op or competitive play.
• Multiplayer aside, Project Tetris Effect has never looked better than it did on Xbox Series X. Abundant neon particle effects shine (thanks to HDR), and the game keeps up with the times with fast loading times. Except that the lack of VR support is disappointing.
3. Hades is the best Switch game
• Critics praise the game for its multi-faceted story, cleverly intertwined with the gameplay, as well as for the multi-level combat content.
• Hades appears twice on Metacritic's best games list, as the PC iteration of the same game scored 92. However, the Switch version, according to reviews, bypasses its PC counterpart a little.
2. Animal Crossing New Horizons is the best Switch exclusive
• This game allows players to live in a cozy world with friendly neighbors and a few problems to really worry about.
• New Horizons takes players to a deserted island and gives them the opportunity to build a tropical paradise. Simplified objectives and lack of enemies can make the game feel superficial at first glance. However, it offers hundreds of hours of relaxing and friendly gameplay, all accompanied by soothing music.
1. Persona 5 Royal is the best game on PlayStation 4 and the leader of all releases
• Of all the places available to video game players, high school might not be the most exciting. However, Persona 5 Royal, like other parts of the cult JRPG series, breaks the mold, creating a compelling story based on social relationships and supernatural matters.
• Persona 5 Royal is an enhanced version of Persona 5 that brings many new features including a third semester, a new palace, and a new member of the Phantom Thieves of Hearts named Kasumi Yoshizawa.
• One of the many reasons why Persona 5 Royal totally deserves to be ranked at the top of the game charts is its incredible depth. Developer P-Studio has gone to great lengths to ensure players can enjoy a well-crafted story, resulting in most gamers taking over 100 hours to complete the campaign.
A complete list of the best games for different platforms
Best PC games
- Half-Life: Alyx: 93/100 (Metacritic score)
- Hades: 92/100
- Microsoft Flight Simulator: 91/100
- Crusader Kings III: 91/100
- Spelunky 2: 91/100
Best Xbox Series games
- Tetris Effect: Connected: 88/100
- Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition: 84/100
- Planet Coaster: Console Edition: 84/100
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla: 84/100
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon: 83/100
The best PlayStation 4 games
- Persona 5 Royal: 95/100.
- The Last of Us 2: 93/100.
- Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition: 93/100
- Dreams: 89/100
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: 89/100
The best PlayStation 5 games
- Demon's Souls: 92/100
- Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition: 88/100
- Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate: 87/100
- Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales: 85/100
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla: 84/100
- Best Xbox One games
- Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition: 91/100.
- F1 2020: 91/100
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps: 90/100
- Yakuza 0: 90/100
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon: 89/100
Best Switch games
- Hades: 93/100
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps: 93/100
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons: 90/100
- Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition: 89/100
- A Short Hike: 88/100