Rating of the best hypoallergenic mascaras
• To prevent microbial growth, cosmetic products that contain water include artificial preservatives. Because of this, some people who are sensitive to preservatives may experience redness or irritation of the eyes when using mascara.
• Luckily for anyone whose eyes are as sensitive as Game of Thrones fans reminiscing about the series finale, hypoallergenic mascara exists.
How to choose the best mascara for sensitive eyes
Read the label carefully: look for the word hypoallergenic. You may also see the word "natural" on it, but that term doesn't mean much. And, of course, it doesn't mean that this mascara is suitable for sensitive eyelids, as it may still contain irritating botanicals.
Avoid products containing 3D fibers. These mascaras are very popular as they add extra length to the lashes. However, these fibers can get into the eyes and cause even more irritation.
Waterproof mascara is also often allergenic. It contains aggressive chemicals that increase the durability of this product.
As part of a good mascara for allergy sufferers should not have the following components:
- aluminum powder
- propylene glycol,
- imidazolidinyl ureas,
- diazolidinyl ureas,
Best hypoallergenic mascara 2020
• The best choice for sensitive eyes is a hypoallergenic mascara that is free of fragrances, rich coloring pigments and artificial preservatives. And so that you can choose the best hypoallergenic mascara, we have prepared a list of 10 options recommended by cosmetologists, experts from various fashion magazines, and Russian users who have positive reviews.
10. Clinique High Impact
• Cosmetics company Clinique is loved for its hypoallergenic products, and this mascara is no exception.
• The manufacturer claims that High Impact Mascara does not contain perfumes, parabens, phthalates and has been tested for allergenicity.
• But just because this product is safe on the eyes doesn't mean it lacks effectiveness. It will leave you with voluminous lashes after just one application, which means less time in front of the mirror. Yes, Clinique High Impact does not promise a dramatic effect of the look, but it perfectly separates the eyelashes, almost does not crumble, has a comfortable brush with dense bristles and a good limiter, and also does not damage the eyelashes with prolonged use.
• It does not differ in water resistance, but this is the trouble with all hypoallergenic carcasses. But it is removed from the eyes without a trace.
9. Almay One Coat Thickening
• This hypoallergenic, fragrance-free mascara is packed with nutrient-rich aloe vera and vitamin B5 to resist blemishes and flaking.
• The formula has been tested by ophthalmologists and dermatologists to ensure easy and safe application. This mascara is suitable even for those who use contact lenses on a daily basis and does not burn if they accidentally get into their eyes.
• Russian users are satisfied with how Almay One Coat thickens eyelashes without spider legs and excessive volume. It is equipped with a comfortable fleecy brush, has a thick, but not very dense texture, dries quickly and does not crumble. Just one layer is enough for a beautiful look of eyelashes.
8. ART VISAGE Chicago
• This good and inexpensive hypoallergenic mascara is multi-tasking. It not only cares for eyelashes due to the presence of panthenol in the composition, but also evenly stains them, slightly lengthens and twists.
• At the same time, it does not crumble from the eyes during the day and is easily done with a special tool or even soapy water.
• In the reviews, users note that ART-VISAGE mascara begins to dry out after a month of use. However, if you put it in hot water and hold for a few minutes, it again becomes quite liquid, and is suitable for use.
7. Pierre Rene Iconic Lashes Mascara
• One of the best hypoallergenic mascara has been tested by ophthalmologists and contains caring ingredients – panthenol and castor oil.
• Thanks to the convenient tapered brush, you can apply color even to the smallest eyelashes. Iconic Lashes Mascara perfectly separates the eyelashes, quickly stains them and makes the look very expressive.
6. Hypoallergenic Long & Volume Mascara
• This budget-friendly, paraben- and fragrance-free mascara not only makes lashes thicker and longer on application, but it rinses off easily without leaving panda eyes on your face.
• This tool is applied quite easily, does not spread over the brush, and thanks to the hard bristles perfectly separates the cilia. After application, it lasts for 4-5 hours.
5. Dizao Organic Moisturizing Black Mascara
• This highly nourishing mascara contains many beneficial and natural ingredients such as chamomile oil, beeswax, sunflower seed oil, and more.
• The formula without harsh chemicals is perfect for allergy sufferers. The mascara has a thick consistency, and a pleasant light smell, reminiscent of coffee with chocolate.
• However, this product cannot boast of durability. Therefore, we recommend using it for short outings – for a couple of hours, then it begins to crumble. Another disadvantage of this mascara is that it comes exclusively in black.
4. Eveline Cosmetics All In One
• It's unbelievable how cheap hypoallergenic mascara can be for sensitive eyes. Eveline Cosmetics All In One contains panthenol and jojoba oil for eyelash care.
• After applying this mascara, the eyelashes look natural and at the same time quite voluminous. If necessary, the cosmetic is easily washed off with plain water.
3. MakeUmake Fiberscara
• If you need a mascara with a lot of caring components, then this is in front of you. It contains vitamins E and A, as well as keratin, jojoba oil and castor oil. All of them protect eyelashes from damage, make them smoother and more lush.
• In addition to nourishing and protecting, MakeUmake Fibrescara mascara helps to separate lashes and gives them volume, thereby making the eyes bigger and more expressive. It does not crumble, does not stick together eyelashes and lasts about 5-6 hours.
2. Physicians Formula Organic wear 100% Natural Origin FakeOut
• You will fall in love with the design of this mascara at first sight. And if you add to it hypoallergenicity and a 100% natural formula that provides lengthening and curling of eyelashes when applied already in one layer, then you will probably agree that this mascara is a must-have in any cosmetic bag.
• It dries instantly, does not weigh down the eyelashes, and a comfortable brush allows you to quickly distribute the mascara along the entire length. When applied, it does not crumble, does not crumple and does not create the effect of spider legs.
• Another nice fact: Physicians Formula Organic wear is not tested on animals.
1. TARTE Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara
• This is by no means the cheapest hypoallergenic mascara, but its high price is justified for several reasons:
- Stunning design.
- Does not contain aggressive substances (parabens and phthalates), therefore it is suitable for those who wear contact lenses.
- Contains rice bran wax, provitamin B5 and olive esters, and vitamin C for free radical protection that even lashes need.
- Contains carnauba wax for the smoothest and easiest application.
• TARTE Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara is equipped with a comfortable fluffy brush that is non-scratchy and clump-free. It fixes the eyelashes from the bottom to the tips, makes them more voluminous and gives a slight curl.
• You won’t be able to layer this mascara heavily, so don’t expect a “fan effect”. However, her durability is one of the best, about 7-8 hours. And the durability pleases – at least 3 months, because given the high price, it would be wasteful to buy this product every month.
• Such cosmetics will be a great gift for a colleague, relative or girlfriend. It has an ideal ratio of external beauty and high-quality internal content.