Confidence rating for politicians and political parties 2022, VTsIOM
Through a telephone survey conducted from May 30 to June 5, 2023 by VTsIOM (100% of the company's shares are owned by the state. – Approx. Ed.) found out how much Russians trust the current government, and which of the current politicians enjoys the highest level of trust.
What questions were asked to the respondents
VTsIOM experts asked 1,6 Russians two questions. In the first of them, it was necessary to answer for each politician. It sounded like this:Please tell me, do you trust or do not trust ...?»
- Vladimir Putin.
- Mikhail Mishustin.
- Dmitry Medvedev.
- Gennady Zyuganov.
- Sergei Mironov.
- Leonid Slutsky.
- Alexey Nechaev.
• Valid answers:
- I definitely trust
- I rather trust
- I rather don't trust
- I definitely don't trust
- I find it difficult to answer.
• Respondents were also asked which of those in power they would or would not trust to solve important state issues. Any number of answers could be given to this question.
Leaders and outsiders in terms of trust among politicians in 2022 according to VTsIOM
• This rating was derived by summing up the responses "definitely trust" and "rather trust".
- Vladimir Putin is the first in terms of trust. In total, 80.8% of respondents unconditionally trust him and "more likely than not" to do so. For comparison: in June last year, 66,2% of citizens trusted the President of the Russian Federation.
- In second place is the Prime Minister of the Russian Federation Vladimir Mishustin. The trust rating for him is high – 63.5%.
- In third place is Dmitry Medvedev, Deputy Chairman of the Security Council of the Russian Federation, with 34.1%.
- Slightly less than Medvedev, Russians trust the permanent leader of the Communist Party of the Russian Federation Gennady Zyuganov (33.1%).
- The head of the faction with the long title "A Just Russia – For Truth" Sergey Mironov closes the top five of trust with 29.2%.
• But the new chairman of the Liberal Democratic Party, Leonid Slutsky, and the head of the New People, Alexei Nechaev, do not have a large credit of trust among the Russians. The first scored 17.9%, the second – 10.1%.
Which politician do Russians distrust the most in 2022?
- According to the sum of the answers “I definitely do not trust” and “I rather do not trust”, D.A. Medvedev with a score of 48.8%.
- The second is G.A. Zyuganov, 46.8% of respondents would not trust him to solve important state issues.
- S.M. was also in the top three in terms of distrust. Mironov from 35.6%.
- L.E. Slutsky is not trusted by 24.2% of those polled by VCIOM in May-June.
- M.V. Mishustin was voted no confidence by 19.8% of those polled.
- Things are a little better for A.G. Nechaev – 18.5%.
- And finally, V.V. 15.4% of respondents certainly do not trust Putin or “rather no than yes”.
Party support rating according to VTsIOM
- The party "United Russia" enjoys the highest confidence among citizens – 41,7%.
- None of the parties in the top three, namely the Communist Party of the Russian Federation (10,4% of citizens) and the Liberal Democratic Party (7,9%), even came close to the indicators of United Russia.
- 5,7% of respondents were in favor of A Just Russia – For Truth. And least of all among the supporters of the New People party polled by VTsIOM (4,7%).