Top 20 best hotels in the world in 2022
• Since the beginning of the pandemic, many tourist destinations have been closed to Russians, and with the start of a special operation in Ukraine in 2022, their number has decreased even more.
• However, we believe that everything will return to normal, so we have compiled a list of the 20 best hotels in the world in 2023, the rating includes hotels and abroad. The list is compiled based on the opinions of experts in the tourism business, editors of travel magazines, as well as vacation lovers and abroad. All hotels are five star.
20. Aman Tokyo, Japan
• The hotel occupies the top six floors of the Otemachi Tower. It has 84 rooms (including suites) and each has a view of the vast cityscape.
• Aman hotels tend to value tradition and wildlife, so building one atop a multistory tower is remarkable in itself. The hotel does not change its habits – in the hall, decorated according to the latest Japanese minimalism, visitors are greeted by a musician dressed in a kimono, plucking the koto strings. And the latest relaxation methods cover the entire spectrum – from Shinto purification rituals to training fights on katana.
19. Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc, France
• Elegant, created according to the traditions of classical French architecture, the hotel was built in 1869 (then it was still a private mansion). Since then, the world has become impoverished by one family residence, but enriched by a luxury hotel with 118 rooms. However, it is almost impossible to get into one of these luxurious rooms – they are sold out like hot cakes by the rich and famous.
• Every summer, the cream of society flocks to these chic interiors overlooking the Mediterranean Sea, where the walls are hung with portraits of celebrities who have visited the hotel for 150 years.
18. Qasr al Sarab Desert Resort, UAE
• Just an hour and a half drive from the capital of the United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi, there is a whole tourist city where everyone can plunge into the romance of a carefree life in Arabia.
• The hotel has 140 regular rooms, 14 deluxe rooms and 52 detached houses (or rather, small palaces) with their own pools. As for entertainment, here everything speaks of desert chic: jeep rides on the dunes, the opportunity to plunge into the life of real Bedouins and falconry.
17. Rodina Grand Hotel and Spa in Sochi, Russia
• A chic hotel in Sochi with its own beach, spa, outdoor and indoor pools, a kids club and even a cinema. The building of the hotel, of classical resort architecture with columns, is hidden in a subtropical forest with an area of 15 hectares. The hotel is so large that guests are even provided with their own golf carts.
16 Belmond Grand Hotel Europe, Russia
• One of the best hotels in 2023 is listed among the cultural monuments of St. Petersburg; it was discovered at the end of the XNUMXth century. Its walls were seen not only by representatives of the royal family, but also by Queen Elizabeth II, and Tchaikovsky, and Chaliapin, and Hollywood stars who visited Russia, and Arab sheikhs.
• The status of cultural heritage has not prevented the hotel from becoming famous for the culinary art of its chefs, as well as for the level of service.
15. Vladimir, Russia
• The designers and architects who worked on the restoration of this luxurious Russian hotel faced a difficult task – after all, the building is an architectural monument. At the same time, the interior had to be in harmony not only with the interior of the hotel, but also with a view of the historic city center from the outside.
• As a result, one of the most beautiful hotels has appeared, where modernity is intricately intertwined with nostalgic notes of the past, and the level of comfort can compete with European ones.
14. The Farm at Cape Kidnappers, New Zealand
• All the beauties of New Zealand in one bottle – stunning mountains, a steep cliff to the Pacific Ocean and ... a 2000-hectare sheep and cattle farm nearby. However, the proximity to nature and the working people here is luxurious – 24 cottages according to the latest hotel science, decorated as farmers' houses, a detached four-bedroom mega-lux villa, a spa center and, of course, a golf course. By the way, Benedict Cumberbatch spent his quarantine here.
13. One&Only Palmilla, Mexico
• Nestled in a secluded location on Cabo's only beach, the Los Cabos resort has long since become iconic. The area is more than 55 hectares, and the number of rooms is 174. This includes the super-luxury villas Cortez and One, each with four bedrooms; they are decorated in classic Spanish style and decorated with hand-embroidered fabrics.
• And the main highlight is the One&Only Spa with an area of 6 km. In the 50s, Hollywood celebrities loved to relax here, and in our time, a new Mexican elite has taken their place. In addition to a giant spa and exclusive fitness programs, spiritual healing sessions are also held here.
12. Soneva Fushi, Maldives
• This is some kind of dream of an Instagram star (blocked) – 63 bungalows under thatched roofs in a coquettish style a la Robinson Crusoe. There are even real houses on the water (8 pieces). Luxurious greenery – there is so much of it here that it can successfully compete with the boundless expanse of the ocean and clear fresh sky. Soneva Fushi is one of the most environmentally friendly hotels in the Maldives – little rabbits love to beg food from guests, birds scurry among the trees, and 90% of the waste that tourists inevitably leave is completely recycled.
11. Nayara Springs, Costa Rica
• On the gentle slopes of the Arenal Volcano, under the shady jungle canopy, a hotel of 21 bungalows is comfortably located. Shady gorges, rope bridges and sloths swaying from the branches seem to have stepped out of the pages of an adventure novel. But they have adventures here with comfort – each outwardly unpretentious house made of tarpaulin has a pool carved into the rock with hot (volcanic springs) water.
10 Songtsam Lhasa Linka, China
• A stunning hotel in the heart of Tibet is a vast complex, each of the buildings of which is carefully inscribed in the harsh and beautiful nature around. Moreover, the hotel also restored a historical monument of the 17th century (Potala Palace), located nearby. A number of technologies and materials used during the restoration were used to build the hotel and give it an authentic feel.
• Despite the harsh mountain scenery outside, inside the hotel is warm and cozy, and wooden panels for walls, ceilings and floors, handmade copper utensils and tapestries give a truly Tibetan flavor.
9. Anassa, Cyprus
• A classic white-walled Mediterranean hotel with 166 rooms (plus suites and stand-alone villas) perched on a shady hillside with stunning views of the vast, bright azure sea and cream-colored Asprokremmos beach. It also has one of the best spas.
• One of the main advantages of the hotel is entertainment for people of all ages. While parents are enjoying cultural entertainment in restaurants, children can take up clay modeling, spin the potter's wheel, or go on treasure hunts at the local children's center.
8. Lewa Wilderness, Kenya
• A real Kenyan safari in the heart of the wild and beautiful African nature. The six thatched cottages sit on a hillside overlooking the protected Marania Valley.
• True fans of safari go to one of the most exotic hotels in the world – only three cars are allowed to watch wildlife, so the roaring herds of tourists will not scare anyone away. And you can observe wildlife in peace, quiet and safety.
7. Six Senses, Turkey
• The best hotel in Turkey for those who care about their health. This is a real temple of medicine: there is not only a spa with a marble Turkish hammam, but also a Vastu relaxation pool, Pilates machines, detox programs, wellness holidays and even a meditation cave.
• There are deluxe Ridge Terrace rooms with private pools and verandas from where you can admire the open expanse of the Mediterranean Sea. And the reviews praise organic and very tasty food, as well as a private beach, where, in unity with nature, a person is able to achieve perfection.
6. Shinta Mani Wild, Cambodia
• In exotic Cambodia, on the banks of the Tmor Rung River, deep in the Cardamom Mountains, in the middle of a magical rainforest where orchids bloom, there is a small cozy hotel of 15 houses – a product of the brilliant mind of designer Bill Bensley.
• Getting there is not so easy: first, guests will have a ride in an army jeep, and then a breathtaking journey by cable car, over the canopy of forests and the murmur of waterfalls.
5. Belmond Splendido Mare, Italy
• Top 5 best hotels in the world in 2023 opens a modestly sophisticated guest house in the style of an old fishing village. It has only 14 rooms with exquisite cream and terracotta tiles and a maritime-themed interior.
• It offers stunning views of the Mediterranean Sea and a tiny old town nearby, with a population of only about 380 inhabitants. A wonderful place to relax, unwind in complete comfort.
4. The Cotton House, Spain
• This luxury hotel is located in Barcelona, on one of the busiest tourist streets – Gran Via. In the XNUMXth century, a consortium of cotton merchants was located here (hence the name, which translates as "Cotton House").
• And even when the building turned into a hotel, the features of architecture and interior (including spiral staircases) were carefully preserved. The hotel has 83 rooms furnished in a solidly nostalgic Belle Epoque style, with antique parquet floors, wood-paneled walls and classic bookcases with gold-edged volumes.
3. Umaid Bhawan Palace, India
• The hotel still serves as the residence of the current royal family of Jodhpur, and the situation there is appropriate – 10 hectares of luxurious greenery, with intoxicating flowers and peacocks walking along the paths.
• Few places on earth are so opulent, regal and artistically interesting – a blend of traditional Indian aesthetics with a touch of Art Deco brought in by European designers. With all this, guests feel at home here – such an attentive and sensitive staff here.
2. The Vasilicos, Greece
• One of the best hotels in Greece consists of only eight luxury rooms, overlooking the flooded mouth of the Santorini volcano. Once he caused the death of the Aegean civilization, and now he sleeps peacefully; You can even swim in it!
• The Vasilicos was built in the 1980s by the famous Greek art connoisseur Vasily Valambus. To do this, he rebuilt several unique houses carved in volcanic tuff. And the current owner of the hotel has turned the nearby family vineyards into one of the most interesting wineries in Greece.
1. Kempinski Nile Hotel Garden City Cairo, Egypt
• Egypt's best 5 star hotel is close to popular Cairo tourist spots such as Zamalek Sports Club, Cairo TV Tower and Al-Azhar Mosque.
• The hall greets guests with the wonderful aroma of fresh flowers, and the rooms and suites have a lot of light, air and the Egyptian sun. If that's not enough, the hotel has a luxurious rooftop terrace. The staff is well-trained, speaks Russian and answers "yes" to any request from the guest.
• Most hotel guests praise the local spa for amazingly relaxing massages. And in the evenings you can enjoy beautiful views of the Nile – with bright lights of sailing ships.