Top 10 Famous Video Game Actors
Do you watch Hollywood actors?
No, we show!
• This could sound like a comic dialogue with the creators of games that have chosen popular actors as the main characters for their computer creations. And in some games, the actors "gave" their voices to the antagonists or protagonists.
10. Batman: Arkham Series – Mark Hamill
Thanks to his role as Luke Skywalker in several Star Wars films, Mark Hamill has become one of the most popular actors of the last few decades. But Mark also has a "dark side" – the Joker speaks in his voice in the 1992 Batman animated series.
• His work became so iconic that when Rocksteady Studios decided to create their own Batman video games, they hired Hamill to voice the Joker.
• As a result, the actor took part in three Batman games: Arkham Asylum, Arkham City and Arkham Knight. His voice acting was critically acclaimed, and the games became bestsellers.
9. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Charles Dance
• This British actor is best known for his role as Tywin Lannister, the head of the powerful House Lannister from Game of Thrones. He also played the role of Lord Vetinari in the movie Keep It Up! based on the book by Terry Pratchett, was the Phantom of the Opera in the film of the same name and starred in a large number of films and plays.
• Charles Dance's first video game role came in the hit The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, where he voiced Emhyr var Emreis, Emperor of Nilfgaard. Like Tywin Lannister, Emperor Emhyr is a man of few words, incredibly powerful, and so ruthless that many Witcher fans hate him.
8. Until Dawn – Rami Malek
• The actor who played Freddie Mercury in Bohemian Rhapsody was the face and voice of the protagonist in the 4 PlayStation 2015 horror film Until Dawn.
• In this game, Rami takes on the role of teenager Josh, who, along with his sisters and friends, is trying to escape from a mysterious villain who is terrorizing a secluded cottage in the mountains.
7. Mass Effect 2 and 3 – Martin Sheen
• The star of Francis Ford Coppola's Apocalypse Now and Charlie Sheen's father played the role of the Phantom in Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3.
• The trilogy was a huge success, selling over 14 million copies, receiving critical acclaim, and inspiring many diehard cosplay fans.
6. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain – Kiefer Sutherland
• The winner of the Emmy and Golden Globe awards has starred in many films, the most famous of them are Flatliners, Dark City, A Time to Kill, A Few Good Men and the TV series 24.
• However, the set was not enough for Sutherland, so he tried himself in the gaming industry. It all started with 24: The Game, but later the actor appeared in several Call of Duty games, including World at War and DLC for Black Ops 4.
• And the highlight of his video game career is Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. In this game, he plays Venom Snake, a mercenary leader seeking revenge on the people who destroyed his team and nearly killed him.
5. The Last of Us series – Ashley Johnson
• In a series of adventure games developed by Naughty Dog, Johnson plays Ellie, a teenager who is immune to a mutant fungal infection that turns people into "Infected".
• Ashley was so good as Ellie that she won not one but two British Academy Video Game Awards for Best Actor in a Leading Role (in 2015 and XNUMX).
4. Hitman 2 – Sean Bean
Sean Bean's character must die is a tradition that has been carried over from movies to games. In Hitman 2, Sean Bean plays an elusive target that Agent 47, the protagonist, must kill.
• Hitman 2 is an action game where you are assigned one or more targets and it is up to you to decide how they die.
3. The Wheelman – Vin Diesel
• A game where Vin Diesel plays Vin Diesel. The best job in the world, right? Okay, let's be objective, he plays Milo Beric, an extra-class driver and, at the same time, an undercover agent.
• Set in Barcelona, the game features cheesy dialogue and spectacular street car chases that will delight stalwart Fast and Furious fans.
• Simultaneously with the game, a film adaptation of The Wheelman was announced in 2006, in which Vin Diesel was supposed to play the main role and become a producer, but the project never got off the ground. By the time the game was released, Diesel already had three Fast and Furious films in his acting piggy bank, so perhaps the film turned out to be one extra vehicle.
2. Death Stranding – Norman Reedus
• The action game from Hideo Kojima (also known as the genius) takes place in the post-apocalyptic United States, where fantastic Beasts threaten human life.
• Norman Reedus plays Sam, a courier tasked with reuniting isolated communities across the country, as well as taking care of an embryo named Lou.
• What can go wrong?
1. Cyberpunk 2077 – Keanu Reeves
• Of course, the list of cult actors who got into video games could not do without everyone's favorite Keanu Reeves. His appearance in an advertisement for Cyberpunk 2077 was seen as a clever marketing ploy. However, it turned out that the character with the face of Keanu really exists in the game.
• Reeves plays a rock musician, veteran and anti-totalitarian named Johnny Silverhand, who is an "engram" – his personality and memories exist in holographic form.