Best Summer Tire Test – Tire Rating
Very soon the cold will recede, which means it's time to think about choosing the appropriate tires for your car. To meet spring fully armed will help summer tire test , whose leaders are included in our rating of the best rubber of the year.
• The most popular tire sizes with a radius of R14 to R18 from different manufacturers took part in the tests. Based on the test results, the average brand score was displayed.
summer tire test . The ranking of the best tires in 2015 has already been published.
Testing and Evaluation Methodology
• This methodology was developed by the Automobile Club of Europe (ACE) in cooperation with the German Technical Inspection Organization (GTU).
• Venue: Pirelli training ground in Italy. Braking on dry and wet pavement from 80 to 20 km/h with determination of the braking distance. Hydroplaning test on track with 7mm. layer of water. Wet grip is rated at an average speed of 80 m circles. Noise levels are rated according to ECE R117. The cost of tires was also evaluated in terms of price / quality ratio.
Sport Maxx RT
S1 evo 2
|Price per set*||40 000||28000||50000||27500||44000||26000||20000||36000||26500|
1 - longitudinal. 2 - transverse.
* - the average price per set is indicated among all tire sizes of this brand.
Summer tire rating:
10Apollo Aspire 4G
High-tech tires of the fourth generation provide controllability of the car on any road. The tread pattern ensures moisture wicking, while the rubber compound ensures reliable traction.
9. Kumho Solus HS51
The test of summer tires included not only models of European brands. Korean tires Kumho Tires will suit even those drivers who prefer an aggressive driving style. Reinforced tire construction guarantees the stability of the contact patch during any maneuvers. The rubber compound has a high silica content.
8. Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 K117
Wide longitudinal grooves on the tread provide unhindered movement on wet surfaces. The staggered grooves on the tires act as wear indicators and also help clean the tread.
7. Barum Bravuris 3 HM
This model is new. The HM marking in the model name means "High Mileage", i.e. "tires for high mileage". Increased travel life results in a flatter, wider tire contour. The special design of the sipes and the composition of the rubber compound also prevent abrasion.
6 Nokian Line XL
In 2013, tires from the Nokian Line series won the summer tire tests of the German publications Auto Test and Auto Bild. Experts note the short braking distance, low noise level and optimal balance of driving performance.
5. Bridgestone Potenza S001
The lightweight design of this model provides lower rolling resistance than the Potenza RE050. The use of polyethylene terephthalate (PET), which reinforces the sidewalls, has improved grip. Despite the sporty characteristics, the tires are distinguished by low noise levels.
4. Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2
The latest developments from Goodyear technologists have reduced noise levels, improved grip and reduced fuel consumption, because. The lightweight design of the tire helps reduce the amount of energy needed to overcome rolling resistance.
Initially, these ultra-low profiles were developed for sports cars and only later went into mass production. The rubber compound from which the tread is made is characterized by a high content of synthetic polymers and silicon dioxide, which provides reliable grip.
2. Dunlop Sport Maxx RT
A summer tire test carried out by professionals made it possible to select the most reliable models of well-known brands. Sport Maxx RT is a novelty that combines the best practices of the company's technologists. An adaptive tread compound provides traction, while massive outer shoulder blocks increase the car's handling and stability.
1. Continental Sport Contact 5
The best summer tires have been tested at speeds up to 300 km/h. Compared to the previous generation, the top-ranked summer tire demonstrates a 10% reduction in rolling resistance and a 13% increase in mileage in tests, as well as a significant reduction in braking distances on dry and wet roads.
Video review of the testing process: