The most powerful smartphones AnTuTu, Geekbench
• “Faster, higher, stronger” — smartphone manufacturers are doing their best to bring the Olympic maxim to life. Every year, new devices enter the market and compete fiercely for the title of the most powerful phone – until the year of the future, when a new king ascends the throne. What has 2018 brought us? Who is now the king of the hill and looks down on the rest of the losers?
The ranking of the most powerful phones in the world for 2018 is based on the combined scores of some of the most reputable benchmarks – AnTuTu and GeekBench.
10. Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Points – 202 844
Price — 32 990 rubles
• Opens the rating of the most powerful smartphones in the world Sony Xperia XZ Premium – the company's flagship, critically acclaimed and a favorite of the press. And no wonder: Sony Xperia XZ Premium boasts two innovations at once, something that no one has done before – a 4K HDR display and the latest Motion Eye camera equipped with a super-fast image processor. It is capable of not only recording video at a mind-boggling 960 fps, but also playing it in slow motion by several times.
• And the rest of the filling of the smartphone is at the level – a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 quad-core processor, the latest Android 7.1.1 OS. The built-in storage is 64GB and the RAM is 4GB. And selfie lovers can enjoy a 13MP front camera with a 22mm wide-angle lens.
9. Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Points – 204 059
Cost – from 52 rubles in the top version
• A stunning octa-core Samsung Exynos 8895 Octa processor, a giant 6,3-inch screen with a resolution of 2960x1440, 64 GB flash memory, 6 GB RAM – everything in this smartphone screams about the latest achievements in the field of smartphone construction. Only the battery sags a little – for such a huge screen, 3300 mAh is clearly not enough.
• Like other smartphones in the Note series, the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 has got an electronic pen, which has no analogues among other smartphones. And this allows the company to raise prices for smartphones of the Note series even higher. Series 8 is off (literally), unlike the previous "seven" – Samsung is learning from its mistakes.
8.Google Pixel 2XL
Points – 205 697
Price — from 50 000 rubles
• Last fall, the company presented two new products to the public at once – Google Pixel 2 and Google Pixel 2 XL. The processor they have is Snapdragon 835, ROM memory is from 64 to 128 GB, and RAM is 4 GB.
• Photo enthusiasts will surely appreciate the 12,3 MP camera and special stabilization system, which can be used to take clear pictures; People are especially good at taking pictures thanks to the Intelligent Portrait Mode. The Google Assistant is very convenient for users, who even learned to distinguish between contexts, which will undoubtedly simplify the work with the search engine.
• The branded “chip” is a glass insert on the back of the smartphone, which immediately distinguishes it from other devices. The only pity is that the company decided that the noble aluminum case of the smartphone should be masked with a rubberized plastic coating. As a result, everyone can easily and naturally scratch the image of their favorite Pokémon on the back panel. The second sore point is the fragility of the case; fortunately, the XL version is more resistant to bending than the "smaller brother", which, by the way, occupies the sixth place in this rating.
7. Xiaomi Mi Mix
Points – 206 169
Price — from 25 400 rubles
• Soon the word "China", in addition to the link "cheap goods", will acquire a new associative meaning. Now it is the birthplace of super-powerful smartphones, made in accordance with the latest achievements of science and technology. So the first Chinese smartphone of the rating, Xiaomi Mi Mix, only confirms the reputation of Chinese engineers.
• Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor, a solid 128 or even 256 GB of ROM, 4/6 GB of RAM, a large 6,4-inch screen with a resolution of 2048x1080 (of course, almost frameless), a luxurious 16 MP camera with the ability to record video in 4K and 4400 mAh battery. And let's add a fashionable ceramic lid that is resistant to external influences (even trimmed with gold in the “show-off” version).
6.Google Pixel 2
Points – 206 630
Price — from 46 790 rubles
• The second of the smartphones presented at the autumn exhibition from Google. It differs from the XL version in the width of the screen: the “second” pixel has a slightly smaller percentage. If in XL it occupied 76,4% of the smartphone body, then in the “smaller brother” – 67,9%. Otherwise, they are equipped the same way – the same processor, the same amount of ROM / RAM, the same cameras, the same tiny battery.
• The main disadvantage of a smartphone is its instability in relation to physical influences. However, like the XL version, it easily tolerates water – a smartphone can be drowned for 30 minutes at a depth of up to 1 meter, and it will still work. Although why do you need water resistance if the smartphone can bend and crack at the seams in your pocket?
5. OnePlus 5
Points – 211 435
Price — from 34 990 rubles
• In fifth place in the ranking of the most powerful smartphones in the world is another product of Chinese craftsmen – the OnePlus 5 smartphone, presented last year at the summer exhibition. Even the first model from this line was nicknamed the “flagship killer”. And the fifth version is even more stunning – even faster, even more powerful, even thinner, even better in design.
• Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 octa-core processor with a frequency of 1,9 / 2,4 GHz (so far only Samsung Exynos 8895 processors are at the level of power), luxurious 6/8 GB RAM (built-in is slightly less impressive – 64 or 128 GB), cameras with a resolution of 16 and 20 megapixels – and at the same time a relatively moderate price for such an abundance. Like other top-end devices, the smartphone is additionally equipped with all sorts of useful options such as an NFC module, a fingerprint scanner, a gyroscope, and so on. And even the autonomy of the device is on top – with a volume of 3300 mAh, the device can work in game mode for more than ten hours.
4. HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro
Points – 215 015
Price — 44 990 rubles
• The most powerful device manufactured by the Chinese company HUAWEI. Equipped with the latest HiSilicon Kirin 970 octa-core processor (manufacturers claim that it supports artificial intelligence), built-in memory from 64 to 256 GB and RAM 4 or 6 GB, a main camera with a resolution of 20 MP (the second has 8 MP) and a large 4000 mAh battery .
• If we add to this a screen with a fashionable aspect ratio of 18:9, a diagonal of 6 inches, a resolution of 2160x1080 and a luxurious metal case, then the hands themselves reach for the "Buy" button.
• The strengths of the smartphone are excellent shooting quality (in benchmarks, HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro occupies the top positions) and great sound – thick, clear and rich.
3. Samsung Galaxy S9 (G960F)
Points – 249 820
Price — from 53 551 rubles
• The top three winners in the ranking of the most powerful smartphones today are three devices from Samsung: just S9, S9 + (G965F) and S9 + (G965U). The latest novelty from Samsung came out quite recently – in March 2018, and worthily continues the tradition of its predecessor, the smartphone version S8, both in terms of spectacular design and in terms of power.
• S9 smartphones are equipped with one of the most powerful processors in the world – Samsung Exynos 8895 (remember, this is the version for Europe, for other countries Exynos 8895 can be replaced by Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon, which will affect performance and benchmark results). ROM from 64 to 256 GB, RAM 4 GB. It is also possible to expand the memory capacity of the smartphone using memory cards up to 400 GB. The volume of the battery, although not amazing, is quite decent – 3000 mAh, there is the possibility of fast charging (the smartphone will be fully charged in a little more than an hour).
• With the help of a new, improved 12 megapixel camera, the happy owner of a top-end smartphone will be able to record video at 960 frames per second. AKG speakers deliver deep, clear sound.
• Of course, the most expensive and most technically advanced smartphone cannot fail to be equipped with all sorts of interesting things that the owner is unlikely to use every day, but which are nice to have. These include: a face scanner, a Hall sensor, an RGB lighting sensor and many other "chips", not to mention the fingerprint scanner that has become commonplace.
• The case of smartphones in this series is very durable and resistant to bending and shock. And the tempered glass screen is 20% thicker than its predecessors.
2. Samsung Galaxy S9+ (G965F)
Points – 250 491
Price – from 74 rubles in the top version
• The difference between the S9+ (G965F) and the S9 is primarily in the screen. Just a nine has 5,8 inches, and the S9 + has 6,2 inches (of course, the body is also larger). At the same time, the resolution of both smartphones is the same – 2960x1440.
• The S9 + is also different in that it has a dual camera and there are new shooting modes like “live photography”, when the background is blurred. Well, the battery is larger – 3500 mAh. Otherwise, both S9 and S9 + are practically the same.
1. Samsung Galaxy S9+ (G965U)
Points – 268 163
Price — from 74 990 rubles
• The most powerful smartphone of 2018 according to Antutu and Geektimes is the Galaxy S9+ (G965U) from Samsung. The main difference between the G965U and the previous place in the rating, G965F, is that the G965U is equipped with an eight-core Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 processor with a frequency of 2,8 and 1,7 GHz. In the top configuration, the amount of built-in storage is 256 GB, and RAM – 6 GB.
• Needless to say, an ordinary user will not notice these differences – both the G965F and G965U versions are distinguished by very high performance.