Review of rugged smartphone AGM H5 with the most powerful speaker and IR camera
• Some smartphones are so fragile that they break when dropped from a height of less than 1 meter. There were even reports on the Internet about the damage to the screen of the phone in your pocket.
• The products of the Chinese company AGM are designed specifically for people who do not want to treat their smartphones like jewelry. In 2022, the manufacturer launched the AGM H5 secure smartphone based on the latest Android 12 OS on the market. In this AGM H5 review, you will learn about the features and disadvantages of the new product.
- Screen diagonal – 6,5 inches (1600 × 720)
- Processor: Helio G35 (MT6765), frequency – 4xA53 2.3 GHz + 4xA53 1.8 GHz
- ROM: 64/128 GB
- RAM: 4/6 GB
- Memory card support: up to 128 GB
- Main camera: 48 MP, 2 MP, 20 MP
- Front camera: 20 MP
- Environmental protection: IP68, IP69K, MIL-STD-810H
- Certification: EC, FCC, RoHS
- Battery: 7000 mAh
- Fast charge: 18W
- Wireless charging support: yes
- OS: Android 12
- Communications: Bluetooth: 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2.4G/5G
- NFC: yes
- Speaker: 33 mm, 109 dB
- Weight: 360
Price and availability
The phone is available in the official store in two versions: 64/4 GB of memory and 128/6 GB of memory. The first option costs 37 rubles, the second – 254 rubles.
• Prices include express delivery, but do not include a seller's coupon for 2 rubles for orders over 353 rubles. It can be found on the product page.
• If you order from China, the price will be lower, in addition, you can choose the version with a docking station.
Features AGM H5
• The new device from AGM has become the world's first secure mobile phone with Android 12 OS on board. In addition, its body is not afraid of water, dust and mechanical stress.
Full body protection
- The IP68 standard guarantees that the AGM H5 will remain in working condition after long-term immersion to a depth of more than 1 meter. You can take it with you to the pool, bath or even to the sea if you are going to shoot underwater for 30 minutes (maximum).
- The IP69K rating indicates that the machine will survive a high temperature pressure washer.
- The device received the MIL-STD-810H marking, which means that it will withstand falling into the rain and falling into the mud, will not turn off at temperatures from -21 ° C to 60 ° C, is resistant to low pressure at altitude and high humidity (from 58 % to 88%). The smartphone also passed the test for vibration resistance, shock loads and exposure to small particles such as sand and dust. And it will not break, even if it falls from a height of human growth.
Night vision camera
• AGM H5 is equipped with a 20 MP infrared night vision camera. It is useful for hunters, tourists, security guards, wildlife watchers, and other people whose activities sometimes take place at night. And it will also allow you to get good quality photos, in grayscale, even if it's dark outside.
• Another feature of the novelty is a capacious 7000 mAh battery. In music playback mode, AGM H5 will work a little more than 6 days, in video mode – 1,3 days, and in standby mode – 16,6 days.
If a protected case and a large battery are found in many protected smartphones, then in the field of sound, the AGM H5 “puts everyone on the shoulder blades”. It is equipped with a huge waterproof speaker (33 mm), the maximum volume of which reaches 109 decibels. Such a smartphone is able to replace a powerful bluetooth speaker. In addition, you will never miss the right call, because AGM H5 will not be heard in the next room, but on another floor. The sound will be both loud and clear.
Being a secure premium device, AGM H5 is equipped with an NFC module. And this means that you can pay for purchases by simply placing your smartphone on the payment terminal.
If you look at the AGM H5 from the front, it looks like most rugged smartphones – heavy, utilitarian black, with yellow accents. Around the large display is a protective edge – it should protect the screen from mechanical damage.
But from the back side, the picture changes dramatically. At the back of the AGM H5 there is a huge speaker, its size is 33 mm. The manufacturer claims that this is the largest speaker for smartphones in the world. It is surrounded by RGB lighting.
• On the sides of the speaker are:
- The main camera with a resolution of 48 MP.
- 2 MP macro camera.
- 20 MP infrared camera.
- LED flash.
• There is also a fingerprint scanner at the back, it was placed below the speaker, and this is not very convenient, you have to grope for it.
• The “back” of the AGM H5 is ribbed, thanks to which the device will not slip out even from a sweaty or wet hand. In addition, the texture of the case imitates carbon fiber – it looks stylish and expensive.
• The body of the smartphone is protected according to the IP68/IP69 standard, which makes it dust and water resistant. It also received the MIL-STD-810H marking, which means it will withstand extreme cold and hot temperatures, high humidity, low pressure, and falling onto a hard surface.
On the side of the AGM H5 is the power button and volume rocker.
• The rather large dimensions (176.15x85.5x23 mm) and weight (360 grams) of the smartphone are explained by the impressive battery, its capacity is 7000 mAh.
AGM H5 can be called a large smartphone, its screen diagonal is 6,51 inches. Thanks to good contrast and brightness indicators – 1500:1 and 450 cd/m2, the image is clearly distinguishable even under the sun's rays.
• Good viewing angles allow the smartphone not to distort colors and images, even if you are not looking at the center of the screen.
• The screen resolution is low – 720x1600 dpi. Small text can look grainy, but a lower resolution saves battery power, which means your phone will last longer. This is important for those who often travel to places where there is no electricity.
• 5-touch multi-touch ensures precision when scrolling the feed, gaming, speed typing and many other everyday activities.
The MediaTek Helio G35 single-chip system, on which the AGM H5 is based, is manufactured using a 12-nm process technology and belongs to the budget segment. It has 8 Cortex-A53 cores with a maximum frequency of 2300 MHz.
• And although this chipset cannot be called a gaming chipset, it can easily run a casual game at maximum settings, or a “heavier” game (for example, Call of Duty: Mobile or World of Tanks Blitz) at medium and low settings with 30-40 fps.
• And with the usual work applications, this device will cope on the fly, you can even run 2-3 applications at the same time, and quickly switch between them.
• The smartphone comes with 64GB of storage and 4GB of RAM as standard. The maximum configuration is richer – 128 GB of flash memory and 6 GB of RAM. If the storage capacity is small for you, it can be expanded using a microSD memory card up to 128 GB.
On the front of the smartphone is a selfie camera with a resolution of 20 MP. She received a Sony IMX376 sensor with f2.2 aperture, and takes bright, detailed pictures in good light. In the dark, the detail drops noticeably, but if you need to shoot some object in the dark, then an infrared camera will come to the rescue (more on that below).
• The main camera received a Sangsun S5KGM2SP sensor, f1.79 aperture and a maximum resolution of 48 MP. It is equipped with the latest focusing system, which allows you to "sight" on the desired object in 0.02 seconds. Pictures are bright, with good dynamic range, and natural colors.
An additional 2 MP macro camera with a Gcoreinc GC02M2 sensor is present more for show. However, it will allow you to zoom in on any object and admire it with magnification.
• Much more interesting is the 20 MP infrared camera, which allows you to see objects in complete darkness. It is equipped with a Sony IMX350 sensor with f2.2 aperture, and allows you to take high-quality black and white pictures in the worst lighting.
The pride of the rugged AGM H5 smartphone is a 7000 mAh battery. It allows you to forget about the outlet for 400 hours (in standby mode), supports 18W fast charging, as well as wireless charging using the docking station. The latter is not included in the standard delivery package, it can be purchased at the manufacturer's official Aliexpress store.
• To charge the AGM H5 battery in the usual wired mode, you need to connect your smartphone to a power source via the USB-C connector.
If you want the most shockproof and waterproof smartphone that sounds stunningly loud, lasts a long time and does not need an immediate OS update, then there is no better option than the AGM H5.
• Due to the solid dimensions of the device, it is better to carry it in a special waist bag. If desired, you can put it in a large pocket of a jacket or trousers, but then the phone will be visible to others.
• For a comfortable game at maximum settings or work with hardware-demanding applications, this smartphone is not suitable, but for work tasks associated with extreme temperature and mechanical stress, it is the best fit.
• And the presence of an infrared camera makes AGM H5 suitable for shooting and monitoring moving objects at night.Pros/ConsShockproofWaterproof7000mAh large battery Pure Android 12Loud speakerIR cameraNFC2 SIM DimensionsWeight