Review of the protected smartphone AGM H3
The modern mobile market offers many secure smartphones, and one of the leaders in this field is AGM, founded in 2008. It produces extremely durable, shock and water resistant equipment and provides a one-year warranty against a hidden manufacturing defect.
In 2021, AGM launched a low-cost, durable and at the same time thin new product – the AGM H3 smartphone with an infrared camera. From this review you will learn about all the features and capabilities of this model.
Main features of AGM H3
This entry-level rugged Android smartphone features a 5,7-inch HD+ display, MediaTek Helio P22 octa-core processor, 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage.
• You can expand the storage if you install a memory card up to 128 GB. However, you will have to sacrifice one of the SIM card slots.
- AGM H3 is IP68 and IP69K rated and complies with US military standard MIL-STD-810G. What does all this mean?
– The phone is water resistant up to 1,5 meters deep in fresh water, can work underwater for half an hour.
– It is completely dust-tight and will withstand high pressure hot water washing.
– The smartphone will survive a fall from a height of up to 2 meters on concrete, can withstand sudden temperature changes and strong vibration.
- The rear triple camera (12 MP + 13 MP + 2 MP) is simple but functional. One of its 13 MP sensors has night vision, which will be useful for fishermen, hunters, security guards, tourists and other people who travel and work in the dark. You can even watch a sleeping baby in black and white mode, that is, AGM H3 can act as a baby monitor camera.
- On the back of the device is a fingerprint authentication sensor, and if necessary, you can use face authentication.
- If you like loud music, then the H3 will really impress you. On the front of this relatively small phone, there is a 2W waterproof speaker that sounds 97% louder than a normal cell phone. An elderly person will not have problems with the sound of a phone call, and the music will reach anyone who is in a large radius from the phone.
- And the Hands-free function, which is in the AGM H3, will allow you to answer the call, even when you are driving a bicycle or other vehicle.
- Out of the box, the AGM H3 runs Android 11 with minimal changes. Therefore, connoisseurs of the "purity" of the operating system will be satisfied.
- Support is provided for the most popular languages in the world, including Russian and Ukrainian.
- With this phone, you can make contactless payments, for this it has an NFC module.
- The declared battery capacity is 5400 mAh. It is non-removable, with a nominal voltage of 3.85V.
Design and quality of materials
Since AGM H3 is a rugged smartphone, it is a heavy (248 grams) device that can withstand the harshest environmental conditions.
• Its body is made of polycarbonate, and reinforced edges and corners help the smartphone avoid damage when dropped. Due to the well-thought-out combination of polycarbonate and rubber, orange inserts, as well as skillfully “fitted” camera module, the rear panel of the smartphone looks elegant.
• For all its security, the device cannot be called thick, its body has a thickness of only 12 mm, which is 87% thinner compared to a conventional secure gadget.
• There is a large orange key on the left side of the phone that can be programmed for various actions such as speakerphone, navigation, launching applications, turning on the LED flashlight, and more.
The AGM H3 screen, made using In-Cell technology, responds very quickly to the touch of your fingers.
• HD+ resolution (740x1440 pixels) is not the best among smartphones in the category from 10 to 000. However, when watching videos or photos, you are unlikely to feel the difference with a resolution of 20x1920. The difference will be visible if you use the AGM H1080 for professional imaging, but this smartphone is not designed for such tasks.
• In addition, a small resolution has a big advantage – the battery will last longer.
• A small 5.7-inch display will appeal to those who are tired of "shovel phones" that do not fit into their pockets. The IPS matrix will not amaze you with the blackest black color, but it provides realistic color reproduction and has a brightness of 400 cd / m2. You can read the text on a sunny day with such brightness, albeit not very comfortable.
Features of the rear and front cameras AGM H3
The main camera consists of three modules:
- 12 MP main lens with 1/2,8”, 6 sapphire lenses (37% more illumination area) and fast dual focus (0,03s). According to the manufacturer, the picture quality from the main camera is comparable to the photos taken with the 48 MP module.
- 13 MP infrared module designed for shooting at night. Judging by the pictures provided by the manufacturer, the AGM H3 shoots better at night than the much more expensive Xiaomi Mi 11 and Apple iPhone12. Pictures are in black and white.
- 2 MP macro module for shooting at close range (from 4 cm from the object). There is no particular benefit from it – like from many other 2 MP macro modules – because manufacturers do not want to spend money on a good sensor that will be used a couple of times at most. It is easier to take a high-quality picture on the main camera.
- Also on the main camera are 2 infrared LEDs.
• Although the resolution of the rear camera is too low to impress camera phone fans, it is quite suitable for people who do not need bells and whistles like optical stabilization and optical zoom, but want a phone that can capture detailed, clear photos not only during the day but also at night.
• The front camera has a resolution of 8 MP and takes good selfies. It can also be used to unlock the smartphone in the face.
Inside the AGM H3 is a 12nm MediaTek Helio P22 MT6762 processor, with eight ARM Cortex-A53 cores and a clock speed of 2,0GHz. It is paired with a PowerVR GE8320 video accelerator. This bunch is energy efficient, ahead of the nearest competitor – Snapdragon 625 (55 points out of 100 against 47 points, respectively).
• In the popular GeekBench benchmark, the average Helio P22 score is 820 points in a single-threaded test and 3600 in a multi-threaded one.
• Given the presence of 4 GB of RAM, 64 GB of internal memory and the latest Android 11 AGM H3 OS, it has almost ideal characteristics for a budget employee.
• You can’t call the AGM H3 a gaming smartphone, in terms of performance it is a good middling on which you can run a navigation application, a mobile bank, watch YouTube videos or perform other everyday tasks. The smartphone works quickly and does not slow down when you open several applications at the same time.
• It will be possible to play the popular mobile game World of Tanks with a comfortable 60 fps on medium graphics settings. PUBG Mobile will go to 45-48 fps at medium settings, and if you run Shadowgun Legends on low graphics settings, you can squeeze out 50 fps.
• However, in “heavy” games like Genshin Impact, Identity V, Call of Duty: Mobile, Fortnite and the like, there will be fps drawdowns and microfreezes at high settings.
A capacious 5400 mAh battery will last 40 hours of talk time, 45 hours of music listening, 38 hours of continuous video playback and about 300 hours of standby time. But fast charging is not reported.
• With normal use (launching the navigation program for half an hour, periodic calls, surfing the web, watching short videos), the battery will last for two days.
Equipment AGM H3
In the box, in addition to the device itself, there are: a USB Type-C cable, a Type-C-3,5 mm adapter, a power adapter, instructions and a warranty card.
• Also, during the sale, which begins on August 23, the first 100 buyers of AGM H3 will receive JBL wireless headphones as a gift.
Full Specifications AGM H3
- Processor: MediaTek Helio P22 MT6762 2,0GHz
- Graphics Processor: PowerVR GE8320
- Display: 5,7" HD+ 1440 x 720, 18:9, IPS
- RAM: 4 GB
- Memory Capacity: 64 GB
- Memory card slot: combo, microSD compatible up to 128 GB
- Rear triple camera: 12 MP (main) + 13 MP (Infrared night vision) + 2 MP (macro)
- Front-camera: 8 MP
- Battery: 5400 mAh non-removable
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 2,4/5GHz
- Bluetooth: V5.0
- Waterproof, dustproof and shockproof ratings: IP68 / IP69K / MIL-STD-810G
- Charger interface type: Type-C
- NFC: Yes
- Headphone jack: no
- Authentication Method: fingerprint authentication sensor (rear), face recognition
- Network: Compatible with 4G LTE, 3G, 2G
- Russian language support: Yes
- OS: Android 11
- The weight: 248 g
- dimensions: 168,10 x 78,05 x 14,1mm
- Color: the black
AGM H3 price
On the can be purchased at a good discount – 11 rubles. Its regular price is 461 rubles. In addition, the first 19 buyers will receive JBL Bluetooth headphones as a gift.Pros and consThin and at the same time very durable case. Capacious battery. Infrared camera. The presence of a programmable button. Pure Android 11.Fast fingerprint scanner. Face unlock capability. Loud speaker. NFC for contactless payment. Can slow down a lot in demanding games at high and medium settings. The macro module is useless. The factory protective film is easily scratched.