Realme C35 Review – A Budget Smartphone with a Decent Camera
The share of Chinese brands in the smartphone market is growing not only because of the withdrawal of Apple and Samsung from the Russian Federation, but also because they create more and more high-quality smartphones. Chinese smartphones have long been competing with market leaders. So, the realme brand in July 2023 smartphones Apple and Samsung combined, ranking second. First up is Xiaomi.
Chinese manufacturers offer powerful hardware at a low smartphone price. This is especially true now, when parents buy inexpensive smartphones for kids to school.
• Today we are reviewing the realme C35 smartphone, a budget novelty with a 50 megapixel camera.
|A2DP, LE, 5.0
|a, b, g, n, ac, 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz
|850, 900, 1800, 1900
|1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
|850, 2100, 900
|GPRS, EDGE, 3G, 4G LTE
|Number of display colors
|Pixel Density (PPI)
|50 + 2 + 0.3 (triple)
|Front camera (MP)
|Processor frequency (MHz)
|Number of Cores
|Built-in memory (GB)
|Max. memory card size
|Memory card support
|MicroSD, MicroSDHC, MicroSDXC
|Memory card slot
|MP3 – call
|GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, A-GPS, GALILEO
|Number of SIM-cards
|Support fast charging technology
|Lithium polymer, non-removable
|Type of shell
Box and equipment
The packaging of the smartphone stands out against the background of the "white background" of other manufacturers with its brightness – it is bright yellow with a concise inscription.
• Smartphone package includes:
- Protective film (glued on the screen)
- USB to Type-C cable
- Network charger 18 W
- SIM tray ejector
- Quick Start Guide
When you open the box, you can't help but notice the resemblance to apple products. Strict black color, edges along the perimeter of the smartphone with even bases and smooth transitions in the corners. The back side shimmers beautifully under the sun's rays and is made of glossy plastic, but tactilely it seems glassy. The frame around the perimeter of the case is also made of plastic, but in a matte finish with a gray tint. Fingerprints and scratches in this color scheme are not so obvious.
There are no technology connectors at the top of the smartphone, only a speaker. All the main elements are located at the bottom: a speaker for a call, a microphone, a 3.5 mm output, a USB-Type-C connector. The volume keys are on the left side, they are separate. On the right side, there is a power and lock button with an integrated fingerprint scanner. The scanning element is slightly recessed into the body, accidental pressing is minimized. Just above the volume buttons, there is a tray for two SIM cards and a memory card. When using the latter, you do not have to sacrifice a slot.
The main camera is placed on a transparent insert and protrudes slightly above the body of the smartphone, like most models on the market.
The screen itself with a film already pasted from the factory. True, the quality of the film is not ideal and at an angle you can see the “shagreen leather”, and tactilely it is not perfect, so it’s better to replace it. With a thickness of 8,1 mm and a weight of about 190 grams, the novelty lies comfortably in the hand.
The tested smartphone has a diagonal of 6.6 inches with a resolution of 2408x1080 pixels (FullHD +). The display is made using IPS technology, with good factory color calibration, calm shades and correct color reproduction. Peak brightness is 600 nits, enough to use the smartphone in bright sunlight. Multitouch standard – 10 touches. Viewing angles without complaints.
• There is an automatic resolution change function to save battery power, and a video enhancement function. The latter makes the videos more juicy, and the difference is noticeable to the naked eye.
• realme C35 has a fairly capacious 5000 mAh battery. Today, this is already the required minimum battery capacity. Considering not the most powerful hardware in this smartphone, you should count on a fairly long battery life.
The manufacturer claims the following indicators:
- Various games – 8 hours
- Movie playback – 24 hours
- Work only in phone mode – 5 days
• The results of two weeks of using the smartphone in various daily tasks are close to the declared ones. The remaining charge of 5% will allow you to talk for almost 2 hours, leave the phone in standby mode for 40-50 hours, or listen to music for about 3 hours.
The included power supply with 18W fast charging will recharge the battery within 2 hours.
Removes realme C35 at the level of most of its competitors. Daytime shots are pleasing with good detail and natural hues. Autofocus almost does not miss, it is well aimed at the desired subject. In the dark and in low light, sharpness decreases, a lot of noise appears, but you can still get an adequate picture if you try.
• The set of cameras for realme C35 is as follows:
- The main camera is 50MP f/1.8 aperture. 26mm (wide), ½.76", 0.64µm, PDAF
- Macro Camera – 2MP f/2.4 aperture.
- Depth-of-field camera – 0.3MP f/2.8 aperture (black and white sensor).
- The selfie camera here is modest: 8MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), ¼.0”, 1.12µm.
• As a result, there is only one full-fledged camera in the smartphone – pictures are taken with a resolution of 12.5 megapixels. Declared 50MP as a separate shooting mode in the settings. Pictures at 12.5MP and 50MP look almost the same. Visually, the 12.5MP shot looks a bit more colorful, but the difference is very slight. All the differences are noticeable, as they say in the details – 50MP sharper contours and texts. The camera uses a 4x digital zoom. In bright sunny weather, the main camera takes great pictures. There are no complaints about the panoramic shot. In portrait mode, I recommend taking selfies only in good lighting.
• The main camera can shoot video in FullHD resolution at 30 frames per second. Since there is no stabilization, the video turns out to be jerky, the skill of smooth shooting comes in handy here.
• The Camera app has several shooting modes and options for every occasion, including auto HDR and a professional mode with the ability to manually adjust key settings.
• The realme C35 shell is quite understandable and simple, you definitely won’t have to get used to it. The smartphone runs on Android 11 with realme UI R Edition proprietary interface for budget smartphones. In fact, this is a pure Android OS with minimal manufacturer intervention: icons are customized, several options and branded applications are added.
Realme C35 has an octa-core Unisoc T616 processor, consisting of six energy-efficient ARM Cortex-A55 cores and two powerful ARM Cortex-A75 cores. Applications start quickly and are not unloaded from RAM without user intervention. But there is no gaming performance to fully play cool 3D games on this smartphone, or you will have to be content with medium or low graphics settings.
• The smartphone supports 4G for both SIM cards, 5G is not. Wi-Fi operates at a frequency of 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, Bluetooth 5.0 function. There is an NFC module, you can pay with a smartphone, but only the MirPay application works with cards of the same name.
• Realme C35 has a fairly loud mono speaker with clear sound. Noise canceling during calls is very good. The system absorbs almost all sounds except voices, while the voice quality is excellent – clear sound without interference.
• All unnecessary applications can be completely removed from the smartphone. The installation of Russian software is only recommended, although in the light of recent events, this software package can be considered a plus. Navigation is also in order, satellites are caught without problems.
• It is worth noting that the built-in regular function of recording telephone conversations has disappeared in this firmware. Perhaps for some this is a minus, but today there are various applications for this.
• In general, realme C35 is a good option for a mid-range smartphone. In this model, the appearance is well worked out, the spectacular design will not leave the smartphone without attention. The work of the main camera pleased, and this is one of the important factors today when choosing a smartphone. A powerful battery and a convenient shell with a concise design will suit different age groups of buyers.Liked: Spectacular design Main camera Long battery life