Rating of the best books on psychology that everyone should read
• A person, throughout his life, is visited by thoughts about his destiny, the definition of his own "I", the meaning of existence, the secret of happiness and much more. That is why psychology, as the science of understanding the "soul" of modern society, is a popular genre in the literature of the 20th and 21st century.
Now it is very difficult to determine which information on paper is really useful, and which will simply waste precious personal time. To help you make your choice, here are the top best psychology books in the worldworth reading for everyone. List according to the version of the online journal psychologies.ru.
10. A book about who parents are, where they come from and why they make you eat vegetables and do many other unnecessary things.
A rather long title for a book, but it captures the essence of the whole work. Françoise Boucher, a mother of many children, will tell the reader how to deal with her children who are going through adolescence. The writer will clearly show what young still unformed personalities feel when they find themselves in a conflict of generations.
• On the pages of the book you can also find information about why parents behave in one way or another. Françoise recommends that the whole family read her work. Sensual humor and light presentation of the writer's text will help kindred spirits get closer, no matter what situation they are in.
9. Have or be
Probably the most popular book by Erich Fromm – a man who devoted his life to the secrets of society, "To have or to be" ranks 9th in the rating. The printed version went on sale in 1998 with 400 pages.
• The psychologist touches on the sensitive topic of the values of society and its behavior in different circumstances. The writer says that humanity is gradually ceasing to appreciate the very process of life and focuses on momentary needs. The development of such a scenario, according to Fromm, can lead to inevitable loneliness of the individual.
8The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat
The book by Oliver Sacks tells about the medical practice of the writer himself. As a neuropsychologist, Oliver observes many real cases of what his own brain can do to a person. The book was written in 2012 and consists of 320 pages.
• With the help of the stories of different patients, the writer reveals the problem of superstition and unreasonable anxiety in modern society. Sachs points out to people that they, in principle, could not notice in their behavior. The book has many theatrical incarnations due to the presence of a huge number of examples of the manifestation of human nature.
7. Before your child drives you crazy
One of the best books on the relationship between parents and their children, takes 7th place. Nigel Latta – a practicing psychologist from distant New Zealand – presents a work that can forever change your attitude to raising children.
• Nigel himself, being the father of 2 sons, felt all aspects of the misunderstanding and the doom of the relationship between the younger and older generations. In the book you will find answers to many questions that concern every adult who has become responsible for someone's life. The volume of the printed version is 230 pages, the publication date is 2011.
6. I am alone, or Vasilisa's Spindle
The book, written in 2006 by best-selling author Ekaterina Mikhailova, will talk about the myths and problems of gender relations between a man and a woman. The work is based on real stories told in the process of undergoing group therapy.
• The author will show readers what difficulties women face throughout their lives. Moreover, Catherine will reveal the reasons for the misperception of what is happening, which will help the female sex to get rid of the shackles of their own principles.
5. The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
Opening the top 5 is a book by successful speaker and trainer Stephen Covey, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. The print edition was released in April and has already become a world bestseller in the world of literature on the topic of personal growth.
• The author will talk about 7 key factors that affect the efficiency of people. The main idea of the book is the judgment that in order to cultivate your personality, you need to know exactly what to strive for. Covey also assigns a significant role to the art of setting the right goals for yourself according to several criteria.
4. Formation of personality. A look at psychotherapy
This book is one of the most important works of modern psychotherapist Carl Rogers. It is truly an indispensable guide on the road to self-discovery. The author himself has been helping people achieve success in their lives for many years.
• The book will help to determine the strengths and weaknesses of your personality, to accept and hear your own "I". Although the book was written more than 15 years ago, it is still one of the best works that help a person find his individuality.
3. Essays on the psychology of sexuality
The honorable third place is occupied by the book of the old man Freud, devoted to an important aspect of human life, "Essays on the Psychology of Sexuality".
• The work includes 3 narratives written by a brilliant scientist about the nature of human sexual relations.
• Much attention is paid to the problem of deviations, widely known in modern society. We are talking about manifestations of fetishism, narcissism, bisexuality and other things, without which it is difficult to imagine the existing world.
2. You don't know anything about men.
The second place in the ranking of the best books on psychology in the world goes to Steve Harvey with his work You Know Nothing About Men. In life, the author is not a professional psychologist, but his ability to explain those situations that usually remain unanswered in the relationship between male and female, make him undoubtedly one of the best specialists in this field.
• The book will touch upon many aspects related to men of different ages. Harvey will try to explain what the representatives of the stronger sex want and what they really experience. Many women who read his book were very surprised at what worries men, and some of the facts presented simply shocked them.
1. Games that people play. People who play games
The world's best book on psychology is Eric Berne's "Games People Play. People who play games". The year of publication of the reissue is 2018, the volume is more than 500 pages. It is based on the theory of the greatest psychologist of all time that the game is the fundamental system of human relationships. Any person, according to Eric, can change the course of his story.
For 50 years, the book has been the world's best-selling psychological literature. Many people still read it to this day. Eric Berne will give a huge amount of advice on how to behave in society, how not to become a puppet of other people, and much more. The specialist will tell you how to cope with the pre-programmed scenario of your life and get out of the control of all-encompassing stereotypes.