The most useful and most useless face care products
• Manufacturers of skin care products are doing everything possible to lure consumers with natural or at least unusual composition and attractiveness of the packaging. But what beauty products really justify their high price tag?
After analyzing the reviews of dermatologists and users on the Internet about a particular facial product, we have compiled rating of the most useful and useless expensive cosmetic skin care products.
Top 5 beauty products you don't have to spend money on
• Serums contain the smallest molecules that can penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin. It takes a lot of effort to create these tiny molecules, which is why serums are so expensive. The cheapest serums tend to be high in fillers and molecules that are too large to penetrate your skin on a cellular level. Look for serums that contain the postscript "chirally correct". It means that they contain only molecules that can penetrate deep into the skin.
- D'vine Tuscany Serum.
- C&E Strength Max.
• When it comes to anti-aging skin care, retinol is indispensable. With continued use, this fat-soluble vitamin helps firm the skin and improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. So says dermatologist Joshua Zeichner at Mount Sinai Medical Complex in New York. But not all retinol products are created equal. Some companies add a minimal amount of this substance, so you won't get enough retinol to achieve a meaningful result.
- MyChelle Dermaceuticals Remarkable Retinal Serum.
- Life Flo Health, Retinol A 1%, Advanced Revitalization Cream.
• In summer, you need to apply sunscreen daily, so high quality ingredients that are not harmful to the skin (such as zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, vitamins E, C, K, various oils) should be in the first places in the composition.
- SPF15 Mommy Care.
- Guam Solare Sunscreen SPF15.
2. Scrub exfoliator (exfoliator)
• You can save money by buying a cheap exfoliator, but it won't make your skin look better. Exfoliation is one of the most important steps in the fight against aging, allowing you to speed up cell regeneration. Too harsh scrubs can cause microscopic cuts, abrasions on the skin, which, in turn, can form fine lines, scars, and broken capillaries. To prevent skin damage, look for an exfoliator that contains light granules such as jojoba granules.
- Premium Homework Biobasic Jojoba Scrub.
- Organic Tai face cream-scrub with jojoba granules "White Orchid".
1. Makeup base (primer)
• In the first place in the list of cosmetics with justifiably high price tags is one of the most important components of flawless makeup. This is the basis on which, in fact, the makeup will lie. And primer products should have high quality ingredients that do not irritate the skin. Ideally, if the base contains vitamins and minerals, plant extracts and filters to protect against sunlight.
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation.
- Tony Moly Egg Pore Silky Smooth Balm.
Top 5 facial products you shouldn't spend a lot of money on
5. Clinser cleanser
• None of the ingredients in skin cleansing products can justify their exorbitant price. The cleanser sits on the face for about two minutes, so none of the expensive ingredients that the manufacturer has stuffed into their product stays on the face long enough to be effective.
- CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser.
- Natura Kamchatka "Perfect skin".
• It makes no sense to overpay for super-moisturizing the skin, unless, of course, you are going to travel through a wasteland. Most inexpensive creams are easily absorbed into the skin, do not leave a sticky feeling and provide excellent hydration. Also, if you're already splurge on serum, then your moisturizer will simply act as a sealer, protecting the active ingredients of the serum.
- Baikal Herbals Moisturizing face serum.
- Cream-hydrolifting "Violet and Althea", Green Mama.
• High-end brands tend to have a higher concentration of pigment, resulting in bolder, more saturated colors. Is it worth it to overpay for it – decide for yourself.
- Art-Visage Color Dream Silk Eyeshadow.
- Catrice The Nude Blossom Collection Eyeshadow Palette.
2. Lip balm
• In second place in the top 5 unreasonably expensive face products are lip balms, which not only women, but also many men cannot do without. Luckily, your lips don't need a bunch of complex ingredients to stay soft and sensual. It is advisable to buy balms that contain natural ingredients (coconut oil, castor oil, beeswax, etc.), as we will inevitably swallow them when we lick our lips. It is very good if there is vitamin E in the composition. It is an excellent antioxidant that moisturizes and protects the lips from the harmful effects of sunlight and pollutants.
- Balm "Vanilla" from Spivak.
- Balm Himalaya Herbals.
1. Makeup remover
• There is no reason to overpay for this product when there are many brands that gently remove makeup without stripping skin of its natural moisture.
- Lotion Lumene.
- Black Pearl. Bio oil.