10 famous actors who are complete opposites of their characters
• On the screen, they are perfect guys, villains and villains, antiheroes or just angels. But in real life, these actors are the exact opposite of the characters that made them famous.
10. Josh Brolin / Thanos
• It is unlikely that the Mad Titan could become a father of many children, because he was so worried about overpopulation. But Brolin brings up four children, was married three times, and does not want to halve the population of the universe.
9. Alexander Demyanenko / Shurik
• For the late Demyanenko, the role of Shurik in the comedies of Leonid Gaidai was stellar, but not beloved.
• After all, the role of a good-natured simpleton was diametrically opposed to the serious, strict and reserved character of the actor. And Demyanenko could not stand the familiar appeal to himself.
«It doesn’t give me much joy when they poke a finger at me on the street, throw themselves into hugs, turn to “you”. I prefer not to be noticed...,” said the actor.
8. Irina Muravieva / Lyudmila
• In the film "Moscow Does Not Believe in Tears", shy, quiet and serious in life, Muravyova had to play the boorish and ambitious Lyudmila. She did not like this heroine so much that at first Muravyova did not even want to watch the film with her participation.
• But Vera Alentova and Raisa Ryazanova were satisfied with their characters.
7. Lena Headey / Cersei Lannister
• One of the main stars of the "Game of Thrones", Cersei of the Lannister family aroused the ardent hatred of some viewers and the admiration of others. The Queen of the Seven Kingdoms is known for her alcoholism, extravagant dresses, love for her children, ruthlessness and incest.
• Of all of the above, Headey is only suitable for love for children. While Cersei revels in the deaths of her enemies, Headey mourned along with the Game of Thrones cast after reading the script related to their deaths. Headey is also a vegetarian, animal rights activist, supporter of Alzheimer's research and the International Rescue Committee, which advocates for European migrants.
• An interesting fact: if not for Peter Dinklage, there could have been a completely different Cersei in the Game of Thrones. It was Dinklage who suggested the candidacy of his friend Lena Headey to the creators of the series, and persuaded the actress herself to try herself as the heiress of the House of Lannister.
6. Tom Felton / Draco Malfoy
• British actor Tom Felton, best known for his role as haughty and arrogant Draco Malfoy from the Harry Potter saga, has nothing to do with Draco's blunt demeanor.
• Every time Felton is asked about his experiences on set, he expresses nothing but joy and appreciation for his co-stars, which his character did not.
5. Tom Hiddleston / Loki
• For the role of the cunning, treacherous, but so charming brother of Thor, Hiddleston was approved thanks to his acquaintance with one of the directors of Thor, Kenneth Branagh. And he originally planned to play Thor.
• In addition to the fact that Tom does not have magical abilities (but this is not certain), he is a very nice person who does not seek power at any cost, like his character.
«Life has taught me a simple fact: you reap what you sow. And life will be much easier and more enjoyable for each person if we are kinder to each other. Then the world will be a better place. I am inspired by the real heroes of our time. You may consider me sentimental, but I am very inspired by philosophers, poets and people who have changed the world and overcome prejudices. Gandhi and Martin Luther Kings of this world are my heroes. People capable of empathizing with humanity for the greater good. Artists, actors, writers, poets – they are capable of it. That's why I became an actor – I wanted to represent everything that is inherent in human nature and forgive its worst sides.", – the portal Kinipoisk.ru quotes him as saying
4. Rooney Mara / Lisbeth Salander
• Lisbeth Salander from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo had a traumatic childhood and turned into an asocial, rebellious hacker who hates people.
• Despite the fact that Mara is closed and cautious, like her character, the actress has a completely different background. She comes from a large, well-known New York family and is actively involved in charity work.
3. Bryan Cranston / Walter White
• Walter White of Breaking Bad is one of the most notorious cold-blooded drug dealers on film. He does not allow anything to stand in his way, including human life.
• But Bryan Cranston is a very sensitive person. This is evidenced by his emotional account of the scene in which Mr. White watches the drug addicted girl Jane die.
«He approaches her because that is the human instinct. But then he stops, thinking, Wait, she's a drug addict. She got Jesse hooked on heroin and she's going to kill him. It's better if I don't do anything. But she is a young girl, suitable for my daughter", – said Cranston, and added that at that moment he remembered his daughter.
2. Pedro Pascal / Oberyn Martell
• While Pascal now shines as the laconic and virile Mandalorian Din Djarin, he was previously the cocky and bisexual Prince Oberyn Martell on Game of Thrones.
• And if in appearance Pedro Pascal fits perfectly into the image of Martell, as George Martin described him, then in character he is the exact opposite of the vengeful Dornishman. In life, Pascal has a cheerful and optimistic personality, mixed with honesty and modesty.
• Fun fact: Pascal is a longtime friend of Lena Headey, another Game of Thrones actress. There were even suggestions in the media that Pedro was the father of Headey's second child, but then it turned out that this honor belongs to director Dan Kayden.
1. Misha Collins / Castiel
• In Supernatural (2005–2021), Collins plays a no-nonsense angel known for his constantly furrowed forehead and deep, raspy voice. Misha's colleagues and friends on the show (Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles) did not help him much to maintain the image, often testing the limits of Collins' patience with the help of rude jokes.
• Castiel is lonely, outwardly unemotional (at least at the beginning of his journey with the Winchesters), and completely tactless. Meanwhile, the actor is a family man and a very poetic person, he published two poems: "Old Bones" and "Children's Pants". Collins is also actively involved in charity work, he founded the Random Acts organization, which finances the construction of schools, the fight against child hunger and other good deeds in different countries.