Ranking of countries by food quality and availability
Oxfam, the International Committee for the Relief of the Hungry, publishes annually rating of countries in terms of food quality and availability. According to the results, Russia took the 44th line out of 125 possible in this rating.
• Kazakhstan, Moldova, Mexico, Chile and the Maldives are located next to us. Worst of all things with the availability of food are in Burundi. Well, about where quality food is available to everyone, you will learn from our today's top ten, which includes the leaders of the rating.
• The Portuguese do not abuse the excellent local port, preferring vegetables, lean meats and cereals. Quality products in this country are available to almost 100% of the population.
• Italian cuisine is rich in vegetables, seafood, fruits, which are quite affordable. The famous Italian pasta was also classified as a healthy and high-quality product, as in Italy pasta is made only from whole flour without any additives.
• Residents of the "Emerald Isle" have on their table high-quality dairy products, bakery products and locally produced vegetables. Food is available to the vast majority of Irish citizens.
• The Belgians are one of the wealthiest nations in Europe. Therefore, it is not surprising that the citizens of the country can afford quality food. By the way, food prices in Belgium are by no means low.
• Austrian food products are of excellent quality. Well, the ratio of the salaries of the country's citizens to food prices allows the Austrians to eat right, eating fresh and healthy foods every day.
• Experts note the favorable ecology of this Scandinavian country, which makes it possible to obtain high-quality dairy products, grains, vegetables and fruits. Food prices are kept in check by a stable economy, and the quality of the food guarantees the Swedes' commitment to a healthy lifestyle.
• The food situation in Denmark is very similar to the Swedish picture. It is worth noting only a few differences in the diet. If in Sweden the lion's share of national dishes are fish, then the Danes are more committed to meat, dairy products and grains.
• The high quality of Swiss products does not require separate proof. Despite the fact that the cost of food in Switzerland is often higher than the European average, the salaries of citizens allow you to purchase almost any food without restrictions.
• The French traditionally adhere to a healthy diet. Almost every family can afford high-quality local products: fish, vegetables, cereals, cheeses. Much has been said about the benefits of famous French wines.
1 The Netherlands
• This country took the first position in the ranking on the sum of all four criteria: the availability and quality of food, the impact of nutrition on the health of the nation, and the level of food prices. Experts noted that the Dutch receive a perfectly balanced diet at a consistently low price.