Most Anticipated Cars
• In the new year 2020, motorists from Russia will find many interesting automotive innovations. They promise that they will be even faster, more powerful and more economical than their predecessors a year ago.
• Will automagnates fulfill their promises – time will tell. In the meantime, we will tell you about the ten most interesting and expected cars according to the statistics of queries in the search engines Yandex, Google and the YouTube video service.
10. UAZ Patriot ("Russian Prado")
• The list of long-awaited novelties opens with a new off-road vehicle manufactured specifically for Russia by the UAZ auto holding. According to the head of the holding, both in terms of cross-country ability and comfort level, the new car will be very similar to the Toyota Land Cruiser Prado.
• The designers promise only new toys for the long-awaited brainchild. Especially for the Russian Prado, the Zaporozhye plant is designing a new turbocharged engine with a capacity of 180 "horses".
• The "eyes" of a newborn, that is, LED optics and lights of the latest configuration, will be developed under the supervision of the leading designer of UAZ. And the car will receive an improved platform and frame.
• The project also attracted the attention of statesmen, who invested almost a third in the development of new items (and this is 482 rubles), in the hope that it could serve as a military off-road vehicle. They promise that the "Russian Prado" will be ready by the end of the year.
9 Skoda Octavia
• In the summer of 2020, Skoda promises to launch a new Octavia. The model will be with two bodies – a hatchback or a wagon, an updated platform and a traditional set of gasoline and diesel engines from the VW Group (1,6 l and 110 hp and 1,4 l and 150 hp).
• The most interesting thing in the updated version is a hybrid transmission with a 1,4-liter gasoline engine, an electric motor and a lithium-ion battery. As a result, the power of the car will be about 200 liters. With.
• The Octavia will also get an updated body design and a new interior trim with a lot of the latest innovations, including even a huge infotainment display (it’s a pity that it is not included in the basic package).
• The new compact SUV from Renault Captur is on its way. Despite the fact that its body will increase by 110 mm in length and 20 mm in width, there was no increase in weight, thanks to the new platform.
• As a result, the car will have even more space in the trunk, now its capacity reaches 536 liters. One of the most anticipated automotive innovations will have both traditional petrol/diesel engines (several options for each type) and a new hybrid version. In the latter, a 1,6-liter petrol engine will coexist with a 9,8 kWh battery and two electric motors. And in the cabin, according to the latest fashion, there will be a vertical display with a diagonal of 9 inches.
7 Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
• Porsche's stunning Taycan has already shaken the automotive world to its core. And, let's add, absolutely deserved, because his power is memorable. So the company decided to strike while the iron is hot and launch an off-road version of it called the Taycan Cross Turismo.
• The new model will combine elements of the Macan crossover, Taycan chassis and interior. Moreover, the car is completely electric: it will be equipped with two synchronous motors with an 800-volt architecture, with a peak power of 760 hp. With. and ultra-fast charging time of just 15 minutes.
• This electric car will also receive a curved instrument panel display, a choice between front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive, as well as a five-door body.
6 Nissan Qashqai
• The Japanese automaker has big plans for 2020. For example, he is going to completely redesign his line of SUVs. The first signs of future changes will be Qashqai.
• He already enjoyed well-deserved popularity among Russian and foreign motorists, who positively appreciated the design, compactness and driving performance of the car. The new version of Qashqai promises to be more aggressive and impressive in appearance, but at the same time more environmentally friendly: if desired, it will be possible to order a car with a hybrid engine.
• Qashqai will be the first car from Nissan in Europe to receive the e-Power system. It uses a gasoline engine as a generator for an electric one. And the car will get a semi-automatic control system. It's called ProPilot and will be able to control both the steering and the acceleration and braking of the car within the same lane on the motorway.
• It will be possible to see and evaluate how well artificial intelligence drives a car in September.
5. Mercedes-Benz S-Class
• The latest S-Class remains true to the spirit of its predecessors, combining exceptional comfort with the latest in automotive science.
• The main feature of the car will be artificial intelligence, called by engineers "semi-autonomous technology of the third level." But we know what that means (thank the robots!). Theoretically, this most semi-autonomous autopilot will allow the car to move independently on the road.
• However, if desired, the driver will be able to take control at any time. And if he is not in the mood, the car will roll itself. At this time, a person can enjoy an updated view of the cabin – where the previous model had modest (by Mercedes standards) digital panels, a huge infotainment screen will now appear. The engine of the car will be both conventional, gasoline, and diesel, and hybrid. An all-electric EQS model is also expected, but that will have to wait.
4. Be Optimum
• Against the backdrop of the dominance of SUVs among the novelties of the automotive market, the Kia Optima sedan looks like a breath of fresh air. True, quite unexpectedly, the developers of the model took it and decided to add all-wheel drive to it with a clutch for connecting the rear wheels.
• It is not yet known exactly when the novelty will appear; expected near the end. The range of engines will range from 1,6L (but with improved cross-country ability thanks to turbo mode) to a two-liter turbo with 245 hp. With. There will also be a hybrid version.
3. Chery Exeed TXL
• It is expected that in 2020, Chinese craftsmen will bring to Russia a new version of the crossover with an extended base from the “premium” Exeed line.
• So far, it is difficult to say about the composition of the configurations (it is clear so far that there will be three of them – basic, luxury and top), but everything is clear with the engine. "Chinese" will be equipped with a 1,6-liter engine with a capacity of 190 liters. With. The drive can be either front or full. By the way, this is the first model of a compact SUV with all-wheel drive in the history of Chery.
• In 2020, the brand intends to strike a crushing blow to its eternal rival, Mercedes, with its AMG C 63 model, launching the new generation BMW M3 on the market. In the new version, the developers got rid of the main drawback of the previous iteration of the car – the engine, which, according to the company, was not powerful enough.
• The M3-2020 will receive a completely new 3-liter, six-cylinder, turbocharged engine. And the letter S in the name of the engine model – S58 – shows that sports developments were taken into account during the development. And this is the normal version of the car. And there will also be a flagship, M3 Competition, which will be equipped with an iron heart with a capacity of 510 “horses”.
• Instead of conventional rear-wheel drive, the M3 will get an xDrive system that sends power to all four wheels when needed. But do not be afraid that xDrive will make the car heavier and it will lose speed. The new platform architecture from BMW will ensure that the car does not suffer from excess weight.
1 Audi A3
• While Audi has been almost exclusively into compact SUVs lately (as demonstrated by the launch of the Q3 Sportback and A1 Citycarver), we're being promised an all-new Audi A3 this summer.
• In addition to the updated styling (the car will get new headlights and grille), the A3 will have a new platform and engine power range, including a fancy new hybrid powertrain for the A3 e-tron.
• In addition to the standard equipment, an improved version will be available, which the developers intend to rival the Mercedes-AMG A 35. The body kit is more aggressive, and a two-liter four-cylinder turbo engine and all-wheel drive are also promised. As expected, A3 will be more powerful than the previous version, although the maximum speed is unlikely to increase. As it was 250 km / h, it will remain so.